Friday, November 28, 2014

Unexpected Christmas Hero

Unexpected Christmas Hero
Kathi Macias
Josie has the perfect life - a husband who loves her, two wonderful children, and a gorgeous home. But when her husband dies she realizes that their home is mortgaged to the hilt. She has no time to regroup before she loses her home and finds herself and the two children on the streets. Life literally becomes a day to day game of survival. But God places people in the her life that will show His love and change hearts.

The author has a talent for creating an emotional story. The subject of homelessness is often sad and depressing. But this story has an underlying theme of God's love and ends on a redeeming note. I don't usually like books that make me cry, but this one was worth it. It definitely made me think of how I could help not only the homeless, but anyone around me who might be needing to see God's love.

No comments: